Lincoln Center Theater has announced its upcoming season, which will include a wide variety of Broadway and Off-Broadway productions. Ethan Hawke will play the title role in a new production of Shakespeare’s tragedy Macbeth, beginning performances at the Vivian Beaumont Theater, LCT’s Broadway space, in October. Jack O’Brien will direct the production.
The Spring production at the Beaumont will be Act One, James Lapine’s adaptation of playwright Moss Hart’s celebrated autobiography. Casting has not yet been announced.
LCT’s Off-Broadway season, taking place at the Newhouse Theater, is to include the new play Domesticated by Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning writer Bruce Norris (Clybourne Park). There will also be a production of The City of Conversation, written by Anthony Giardina and directed by Doug Hughes (Doubt).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018