The latest film from Julie Taymor, the Tony-winning director of The Lion King on Broadway, opens in limited release today (wide release is on September 21) — and it’s a musical! Across the Universe is a love story set in the 1960s that uses songs by The Beatles to tell its tale. Taymor’s wildly artistic — and often abstract — style is likely to make for an interesting and divisive movie.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016
- Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o Stars in “Eclipsed” Now in Previews - March 2, 2016