The latest film from Julie Taymor, the Tony-winning director of The Lion King on Broadway, opens in limited release today (wide release is on September 21) — and it’s a musical! Across the Universe is a love story set in the 1960s that uses songs by The Beatles to tell its tale. Taymor’s wildly artistic — and often abstract — style is likely to make for an interesting and divisive movie.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016