It has only just opened, but already American Buffalo has posted a “provisional” closing notice. The Broadway revival of David Mamet’s breakthrough play got savaged by the critics, leading the open-run production to announce a November 23 closing. However, if the closing notice spurs a sudden wave of ticket sales at the box office, then American Buffalo could get a reprieve and go on to roam Broadway a little longer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Tony Awards TV Viewership Down 10 Percent Despite Record Breaking Broadway Season - June 10, 2015
- “An Act of God” Opens on Broadway - June 5, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015