It has only just opened, but already American Buffalo has posted a “provisional” closing notice. The Broadway revival of David Mamet’s breakthrough play got savaged by the critics, leading the open-run production to announce a November 23 closing. However, if the closing notice spurs a sudden wave of ticket sales at the box office, then American Buffalo could get a reprieve and go on to roam Broadway a little longer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016