It has only just opened, but already American Buffalo has posted a “provisional” closing notice. The Broadway revival of David Mamet’s breakthrough play got savaged by the critics, leading the open-run production to announce a November 23 closing. However, if the closing notice spurs a sudden wave of ticket sales at the box office, then American Buffalo could get a reprieve and go on to roam Broadway a little longer.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016