As usual, today, the first Sunday after New Year’s, brings a rash of New York show closings. Some are the limited-engagement holiday shows (Radio City Christmas Spectacular, Cirque du Soleil’s Wintuk, and Irving Berlin’s White Christmas) that will no longer have an audience with Christmas come and gone. Other closings are struggling Broadway shows (Shrek the Musical and Superior Donuts) that could no longer afford their running costs because of low ticket sales. Meanwhile, Ragtime, a Broadway musical revival that was just recently scheduled for the January 3 chopping block, received a last-minute extension to January 10. If ticket sales increase, perhaps it could receive yet another reprieve before next Sunday. It was also just announced that the Broadway musical revival Finian’s Rainbow will be closing this month, on January 17.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013