As usual, today, the first Sunday after New Year’s, brings a rash of New York show closings. Some are the limited-engagement holiday shows (Radio City Christmas Spectacular, Cirque du Soleil’s Wintuk, and Irving Berlin’s White Christmas) that will no longer have an audience with Christmas come and gone. Other closings are struggling Broadway shows (Shrek the Musical and Superior Donuts) that could no longer afford their running costs because of low ticket sales. Meanwhile, Ragtime, a Broadway musical revival that was just recently scheduled for the January 3 chopping block, received a last-minute extension to January 10. If ticket sales increase, perhaps it could receive yet another reprieve before next Sunday. It was also just announced that the Broadway musical revival Finian’s Rainbow will be closing this month, on January 17.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “It Shoulda Been You” Box Office Unmoved By Reviews - May 28, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/10/2015 - May 12, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Begins Performances - April 22, 2015
- “The Visit” Starts Performances on Broadway - April 17, 2015
- “If/Then” Concludes Its Run - April 10, 2015