Today the Broadway revival of Promises, Promises opens at the Broadway Theatre. The new production stars Broadway newcomer Sean Hayes (best known as Jack on TV’s Will & Grace) as Chuck Baxter, an ambitious young businessman who tries to work his way up the corporate ladder by lending his apartment to executives for their extramarital affairs. Kristin Chenoweth (best known as the original Glinda in Broadway’s Wicked) plays Fran Kubelik, the object of Chuck’s affection, who he is unhappy to discover has become the mistress of one of the execs. Based on the film The Apartment, the 1968 Broadway musical Promises, Promises has a book by playwright Neil Simon and a score by Burt Bacharach. The show’s songs include the title tune and “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again,” and the song “I Say a Little Prayer” has been added to the score especially for this production.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018