It seems like we’ve been waiting forever for Billy Elliot, a huge hit in London, to finally make its way to Broadway. At last, the musical about a working-class lad with ballet dreams has a Broadway opening date — October 16, 2008. Based on the film of the same name, Billy Elliot has music by Elton John and book/lyrics by Lee Hall. The show will begin its Broadway preview period at the Imperial Theatre on September 17.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017