It seems like we’ve been waiting forever for Billy Elliot, a huge hit in London, to finally make its way to Broadway. At last, the musical about a working-class lad with ballet dreams has a Broadway opening date — October 16, 2008. Based on the film of the same name, Billy Elliot has music by Elton John and book/lyrics by Lee Hall. The show will begin its Broadway preview period at the Imperial Theatre on September 17.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017