It has been officially announced that the classic musical Brigadoon will be revived on Broadway in the Spring of 2009. Before bowing on Broadway, the Rob Ashford-directed production will have a tryout in Boston. The Lerner & Loewe musical, which debuted on Broadway in 1947, is about two Americans who come upon a magical village while visiting Scotland. Brigadoon has been on Broadway several times since its original Broadway production, the most recent revival being at the Majestic Theatre during the 1980-81 Broadway season.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018