True to its inspirational story about people living with HIV and AIDS, the long-running Broadway musical Rent raised the most money ($277,000!) for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS in the annual Easter Bonnet Competition that takes place this time each year between the various Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. For the actual Easter bonnet presentation portion of the contest, Sunday in the Park with George took the top prize. To get discount tickets to see either of these great Broadway shows, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017