True to its inspirational story about people living with HIV and AIDS, the long-running Broadway musical Rent raised the most money ($277,000!) for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS in the annual Easter Bonnet Competition that takes place this time each year between the various Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. For the actual Easter bonnet presentation portion of the contest, Sunday in the Park with George took the top prize. To get discount tickets to see either of these great Broadway shows, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016