Two Broadway closings today, one planned and one sudden. The all-star Cat on a Hot Tin Roof headed by James Earl Jones is ending its limited run today. And unfortunately the rockin’ satire Cry-Baby is also shutting its doors, due to lack of ticket sales. Happily, Cry-Baby will live on in a national tour next year, and there is talk that this production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (presumably not with the entire Broadway cast intact) could turn up in London.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” to End in September - July 13, 2018
- Michael Jackson Broadway Musical in Development - July 6, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Closes to Little Fanfare - June 29, 2018
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018