Two Broadway closings today, one planned and one sudden. The all-star Cat on a Hot Tin Roof headed by James Earl Jones is ending its limited run today. And unfortunately the rockin’ satire Cry-Baby is also shutting its doors, due to lack of ticket sales. Happily, Cry-Baby will live on in a national tour next year, and there is talk that this production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (presumably not with the entire Broadway cast intact) could turn up in London.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016