Two Broadway closings today, one planned and one sudden. The all-star Cat on a Hot Tin Roof headed by James Earl Jones is ending its limited run today. And unfortunately the rockin’ satire Cry-Baby is also shutting its doors, due to lack of ticket sales. Happily, Cry-Baby will live on in a national tour next year, and there is talk that this production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (presumably not with the entire Broadway cast intact) could turn up in London.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017