Two Broadway closings today, one planned and one sudden. The all-star Cat on a Hot Tin Roof headed by James Earl Jones is ending its limited run today. And unfortunately the rockin’ satire Cry-Baby is also shutting its doors, due to lack of ticket sales. Happily, Cry-Baby will live on in a national tour next year, and there is talk that this production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (presumably not with the entire Broadway cast intact) could turn up in London.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015