After loads of speculation, it has finally been confirmed that the Shakespeare in the Park production of Hair will indeed make the move to Broadway. The free Public Theater production has drawn big crowds to the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park all summer, necessitating several extensions. Producers are now hoping that the 1960s “tribal love-rock musical” will be able to draw crowds to Broadway in early 2009, when the show is expected to open. Details about theater, casting, and dates have yet to be announced.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015