After loads of speculation, it has finally been confirmed that the Shakespeare in the Park production of Hair will indeed make the move to Broadway. The free Public Theater production has drawn big crowds to the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park all summer, necessitating several extensions. Producers are now hoping that the 1960s “tribal love-rock musical” will be able to draw crowds to Broadway in early 2009, when the show is expected to open. Details about theater, casting, and dates have yet to be announced.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016