After loads of speculation, it has finally been confirmed that the Shakespeare in the Park production of Hair will indeed make the move to Broadway. The free Public Theater production has drawn big crowds to the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park all summer, necessitating several extensions. Producers are now hoping that the 1960s “tribal love-rock musical” will be able to draw crowds to Broadway in early 2009, when the show is expected to open. Details about theater, casting, and dates have yet to be announced.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017