Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons on Broadway opens at the Broadway Theatre today. The lives and music of the original four-man pop sensation inspired the massive hit musical Jersey Boys, which is just playing a couple blocks away at the August Wilson Theatre. The limited engagement offers people an opportunity to see the real-life Jersey boy Frankie Valli singing songs that, decades later, remain part of the public consciousness. “Sherry”, “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, “Walk Like a Man”, “Working My Way Back To You”, “December 1963 (Oh, What a Night)”, and “Who Loves You” are just a few of the classic chart-topping hits from the ’60s and ’70s made famous by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
Frankie Valli himself is the only remaining member of the original band who performs live, so the concert does not actually feature the original line-up. But it is Valli’s clarion lead vocals that most people remember most when they think of the band’s songs, so no doubt Four Seasons fans will find the concert a treat. They are only performing seven shows, from October 19-27. To get tickets, visit www.telecharge.com or call 212-239-6200. More information on the Broadway engagement is also available at www.frankievallionbroadway.com.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - January 4, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017
- Check Out the 71st Annual Tony Award Winners! - June 12, 2017
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017