Theater fans hoping to see Al Pacino take the Broadway stage in the new revival of Glengarry Glen Ross on October 16 are going to have to wait a few more days. The first preview of this production of the David Mamet-penned modern classic will now start on October 19 instead.
The delay is due to Pacino’s busy schedule. The actor’s publicist released a statement saying, “Al Pacino has commitments in Los Angeles and a publicity commitment for the preview of his upcoming film, ‘Stand Up Guys,’ at the Chicago Film Festival this week.” Anyone holding tickets for one of the canceled performances will be contacted by Telecharge, which handles the ticketing for Glengarry Glen Ross and many other Broadway shows.
In addition to Al Pacino, the Broadway revival of Glengarry Glen Ross features a cast of Broadway regulars and respected film and TV actors, including Bobby Cannavale, David Harbour, Richard Schiff, Jeremy Shamos, and John C. McGinley. The play is still scheduled to officially open at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on November 11.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shubert Launches New Website TelechargeOffers - July 4, 2014
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014