Legally Blonde, the Tony nominated musical that played on Broadway from 2007-2008, is about to be seen out on the open waters when it becomes the resident show of Norwegian Cruise Lines’ brand new ocean liner “Getaway”.
Readying to set sail in January of 2014, the 4,000-passenger ship boasts a 787-seat theater where Legally Blonde will play as it cruises the Eastern Caribbean. Passengers will also get to enjoy another former Broadway show, the dance musical Burn the Floor.
This is not the first time that a Broadway musical has become entertainment for cruise ship passengers. The Royal Caribbean line has offered condensed versions of both Chicago and Hairspray (the latter even had a feature spot on a previous Tony Awards telecast, with a musical performance being broadcast live from the ship).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018