Legally Blonde, the Tony nominated musical that played on Broadway from 2007-2008, is about to be seen out on the open waters when it becomes the resident show of Norwegian Cruise Lines’ brand new ocean liner “Getaway”.
Readying to set sail in January of 2014, the 4,000-passenger ship boasts a 787-seat theater where Legally Blonde will play as it cruises the Eastern Caribbean. Passengers will also get to enjoy another former Broadway show, the dance musical Burn the Floor.
This is not the first time that a Broadway musical has become entertainment for cruise ship passengers. The Royal Caribbean line has offered condensed versions of both Chicago and Hairspray (the latter even had a feature spot on a previous Tony Awards telecast, with a musical performance being broadcast live from the ship).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shows Struggle Financially, Producers Get Creative - May 22, 2016
- Tina Fey’s “Mean Girls” Destined for Broadway - May 15, 2016
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Opens “Fully Committed” - May 5, 2016
- “The Father” Earns Mixed Reviews on Broadway - April 16, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - March 24, 2016