The annual cat and dog adopt-a-thon known as Broadway Barks! will take place on Saturday, July 14, and packs of Broadway stars are scheduled to appear at the event.
Among the animal lovers on hand will be Bernadette Peters, Mary Tyler Moore, Angela Lansbury, Audra McDonald, Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna, David Hyde Pierce, Edward Hibbert, Debra Monk, Karen Ziemba, Jerry Mathers, Priscilla Lopez, Christine Ebersole, Maureen Moore, Cheyenne Jackson, Kerry Butler, Michael Cerveris, John Glover, Ashley Brown, Daniel Jenkins, Gavin Lee, Marin Mazzie, Charlotte D’Amboise and Michael Berresse, Christian Hoff, John Lloyd Young, Laura Belle Bundy, Orfeh, Andy Karl, and many many more. The adorable dogs Rufus and Bruiser from Legally Blonde will also appear.
Broadway Barks! will take place in midtown’s Shubert Alley (between 44th and 45 Streets, between Broadway and Eighth Avenue) starting at 3:30PM on July 14. Pets from New York City animal shelters will be presented by celebrities from 5:30 to 6:30. The event, which is sponsored by the ASPCA and produced by Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, will benefit NYC animal shelters and adoption agencies. (In case of rain, Broadway Barks! will be rescheduled on July 28.)
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018