The first performance of Shakespeare in the Park’s second offering, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, is being postponed a day because director Daniel Sullivan was injured during rehearsals. So the first preview will now be on August 8, to give Sullivan a little extra time for recovery. Dream, which will have its official opening at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park on August 23, has a terrific cast of Broadway regulars, including Martha Plimpton, Jason Antoon, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Daniel Oreskes, Laila Robins, and Jay O. Sanders.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016