Although it shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody at this point, a producer of Xanadu has finally made the announcement that James Carpinello won’t be returning to the show. Carpinello originated the role of Sonny in Xanadu on Broadway, but was injured during previews, at which point Cheyenne Jackson took over the part. Carpinello was initially expected to return after he recovered, but it’s now official that Jackson will continue to play Sonny on Broadway.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015