Considered one of the defining American plays of the late 20th century, Tony Kushner’s two-part Angels in America (Part I: Millennium Approaches, Part II: Perestroika) is returning to the New York City professional theater scene for the first time since it closed on Broadway in 1994. The new production will be among the Off-Broadway Signature Theatre Company’s 2010-2011 season, which will honor Kushner by staging an entire season of his work. Although Angels in America hasn’t been seen in New York City in 15 years, the play is produced regularly around the country and was also seen by a wider audience when it was made into a television movie in 2003 with an all-star cast including Meryl Streep.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013