Considered one of the defining American plays of the late 20th century, Tony Kushner’s two-part Angels in America (Part I: Millennium Approaches, Part II: Perestroika) is returning to the New York City professional theater scene for the first time since it closed on Broadway in 1994. The new production will be among the Off-Broadway Signature Theatre Company’s 2010-2011 season, which will honor Kushner by staging an entire season of his work. Although Angels in America hasn’t been seen in New York City in 15 years, the play is produced regularly around the country and was also seen by a wider audience when it was made into a television movie in 2003 with an all-star cast including Meryl Streep.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014