The Addams Family, a new musical based on the famed cartoons by Charles Addams, starts performances at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater on Broadway today. The show had a try-out in Chicago in late 2009 and brought in director Jerry Zaks to sharpen up the production. Is The Addams Family now ready to face Broadway? Audiences will decide tonight, and critics will decide on April 8, when the creepy and kooky musical has its official Broadway opening. The Addams Family stars Nathan Lane (The Producers) and Bebe Neuwirth (Chicago) as Gomez and Morticia Addams, Kevin Chamberlin as Uncle Fester, and Jackie Hoffman as Grandma, all members of a ghoulish but loving family of misfits who live in a haunted mansion. The musical has a book by Jersey Boys writers Rick Elice and Marshall Brickman and an original score by Andrew Lippa (Off-Broadway’s The Wild Party).
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016