The Addams Family, a new musical based on the famed cartoons by Charles Addams, starts performances at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater on Broadway today. The show had a try-out in Chicago in late 2009 and brought in director Jerry Zaks to sharpen up the production. Is The Addams Family now ready to face Broadway? Audiences will decide tonight, and critics will decide on April 8, when the creepy and kooky musical has its official Broadway opening. The Addams Family stars Nathan Lane (The Producers) and Bebe Neuwirth (Chicago) as Gomez and Morticia Addams, Kevin Chamberlin as Uncle Fester, and Jackie Hoffman as Grandma, all members of a ghoulish but loving family of misfits who live in a haunted mansion. The musical has a book by Jersey Boys writers Rick Elice and Marshall Brickman and an original score by Andrew Lippa (Off-Broadway’s The Wild Party).
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013