The Roundabout Theatre Company’s Broadway revival of the classic Noel Coward comedy Present Laughter has its final performance at the American Airlines Theatre this afternoon. The play stars Victor Garber as vainglorious actor Garry Essendine, an aging leading man who, on the verge of taking a trip to Africa, finds his apartment overrun by a chaotic series of characters, including his estranged wife, a lovestruck young actress, an adulterous producer, and a maniacal playwright (played with hilarious hysteria by Brooks Ashmanskas). Harriet Harris (who has been in numerous Broadway shows, including Roundabout’s production of The Man Who Came To Dinner) plays Essendine’s long-suffering assistant. The limited run production began on January 2 and will have played almost 100 performances when it has its final Broadway bow today.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013