Michael Kidd, musical choreographer for both film and the Broadway stage, has just passed away at the age of 92. Winner of five Tony Awards for his Broadway work, Kidd most famously created the dances for the original production of Guys & Dolls, the film of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and the Fred Astaire/Cyd Charisse ballet in The Band Wagon. Michael Kidd also did the choreography for the Broadway musicals Finian’s Rainbow, Can-Can, Li’l Abner, and The Goodbye Girl.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017