Michael Kidd, musical choreographer for both film and the Broadway stage, has just passed away at the age of 92. Winner of five Tony Awards for his Broadway work, Kidd most famously created the dances for the original production of Guys & Dolls, the film of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and the Fred Astaire/Cyd Charisse ballet in The Band Wagon. Michael Kidd also did the choreography for the Broadway musicals Finian’s Rainbow, Can-Can, Li’l Abner, and The Goodbye Girl.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016