Michael Kidd, musical choreographer for both film and the Broadway stage, has just passed away at the age of 92. Winner of five Tony Awards for his Broadway work, Kidd most famously created the dances for the original production of Guys & Dolls, the film of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and the Fred Astaire/Cyd Charisse ballet in The Band Wagon. Michael Kidd also did the choreography for the Broadway musicals Finian’s Rainbow, Can-Can, Li’l Abner, and The Goodbye Girl.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018