Jason Moore and Jeff Whitty, the director and bookwriter behind the Tony-winning Broadway musical comedy Avenue Q, have announced that they’re teaming up again for a new musical based on Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City books. Jason Sellards and John Garden of the rock band the Scissors Sisters will write the show’s score. Avenue Q‘s producers are attached to the project, and hope to be bringing it to Broadway the season after next.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016