Tonight marked the official Broadway opening of Cry-Baby, the new musical based on the John Waters movie of the same name. James Snyder stars as the bad boy musician who was played by Johnny Depp in the movie, and Tony-winner Harriet Harris is also featured in the cast. The show’s book is by Hairspray‘s team, Mark O’Donnell and Thomas Meehan, and the rocking score is by Broadway newcomers David Javerbaum and Adam Schlesinger. Cry-Baby is playing at Broadway’s Marquis Theatre for an open-ended run. To get discount tickets for Cry-Baby, and other Broadway shows, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018