The new all-star Broadway revival of Clifford Odets’s The Country Girl opened on Broadway tonight at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre. The production, which is directed by Mike Nichols, stars Morgan Freeman as a washed up stage actor, Frances McDormand as his wife, and Peter Gallagher as a big shot director. This is the play’s second Broadway revival, the first having been in 1972; The Country Girl was first produced on Broadway in 1950.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016