The new all-star Broadway revival of Clifford Odets’s The Country Girl opened on Broadway tonight at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre. The production, which is directed by Mike Nichols, stars Morgan Freeman as a washed up stage actor, Frances McDormand as his wife, and Peter Gallagher as a big shot director. This is the play’s second Broadway revival, the first having been in 1972; The Country Girl was first produced on Broadway in 1950.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017