The new all-star Broadway revival of Clifford Odets’s The Country Girl opened on Broadway tonight at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre. The production, which is directed by Mike Nichols, stars Morgan Freeman as a washed up stage actor, Frances McDormand as his wife, and Peter Gallagher as a big shot director. This is the play’s second Broadway revival, the first having been in 1972; The Country Girl was first produced on Broadway in 1950.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016