Tonight saw the official opening of the one-man Broadway play Thurgood, starring noted film actor Laurence Fishburne. The George Stevens Jr. drama tells the story of Thurgood Marshall, the legendary black U.S. Supreme Court Justice. Fishburne is no stranger to the stage, having won a Tony Award for his performance in the original Broadway production of Two Trains Running. Thurgood plays a limited Broadway engagement at the Booth Theatre through August 3.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016