Tonight saw the official opening of the one-man Broadway play Thurgood, starring noted film actor Laurence Fishburne. The George Stevens Jr. drama tells the story of Thurgood Marshall, the legendary black U.S. Supreme Court Justice. Fishburne is no stranger to the stage, having won a Tony Award for his performance in the original Broadway production of Two Trains Running. Thurgood plays a limited Broadway engagement at the Booth Theatre through August 3.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Come From Away” Rapidly Recoups Investment - October 21, 2017
- “Latin History for Morons” Begins Previews - October 19, 2017
- Bruce Springsteen Earns Raves on Broadway - October 15, 2017
- “The Band’s Visit” Musical Begins on Broadway - October 7, 2017
- “Time and the Conways” Begins Broadway Previews - September 22, 2017