Estelle Getty, known to virtually everyone as Sophia on The Golden Girls, has passed away at the age of 84. Getty gained fame late in her career playing the sarcastic, dry-witted “Ma” to Bea Arthur’s Dorothy, even though the women were nearly the same age. But prior to joining the NBC comedy hit, Getty had won over many with her turn on Broadway in the play Torch Song Trilogy, in which she played Harvey Fierstein’s mother.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015