Estelle Getty, known to virtually everyone as Sophia on The Golden Girls, has passed away at the age of 84. Getty gained fame late in her career playing the sarcastic, dry-witted “Ma” to Bea Arthur’s Dorothy, even though the women were nearly the same age. But prior to joining the NBC comedy hit, Getty had won over many with her turn on Broadway in the play Torch Song Trilogy, in which she played Harvey Fierstein’s mother.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bruce Springsteen Earns Raves on Broadway - October 15, 2017
- “The Band’s Visit” Musical Begins on Broadway - October 7, 2017
- “Time and the Conways” Begins Broadway Previews - September 22, 2017
- “Frozen” Musical Sets Broadway Opening Dates - September 1, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Plays Finals Performance - August 26, 2017