Two Broadway shows end their runs today. The play Thurgood, starring Laurence Fishburne, concludes its limited Broadway run at the Booth Theatre, which had already been extended an extra couple weeks due to popular demand. The other closure is the Broadway revival of the musical A Chorus Line. This first Broadway revival of the groundbreaking musical was a success, quickly recouping its investment and running on Broadway for nearly two years. Of course, it was nowhere near as successful as the original Broadway production, which ran for a record-breaking 15 years (though that record was later broken by Broadway long-runners Cats and The Phantom of the Opera).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Donna Murphy Earns Rave Reviews in “Hello, Dolly!” - July 14, 2017
- Award-Winning Revival of “Present Laughter” Closes - July 8, 2017
- “Marvin’s Room” Revival Fails to Win Over Critics - July 1, 2017
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017