Two Broadway shows end their runs today. The play Thurgood, starring Laurence Fishburne, concludes its limited Broadway run at the Booth Theatre, which had already been extended an extra couple weeks due to popular demand. The other closure is the Broadway revival of the musical A Chorus Line. This first Broadway revival of the groundbreaking musical was a success, quickly recouping its investment and running on Broadway for nearly two years. Of course, it was nowhere near as successful as the original Broadway production, which ran for a record-breaking 15 years (though that record was later broken by Broadway long-runners Cats and The Phantom of the Opera).
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016