The bad economy appears to be taking a heavy toll on Broadway. In just a week’s time we’ve had closing announcements from Xanadu and [title of show], and now comes the word that Legally Blonde will have its final Broadway performance on October 19. Although the musical (based on the popular film of the same name) has managed okay during its year and a half run, Legally Blonde has had to resort to some high profile stunts in order to maintain ticket sales, such as participating in the MTV reality TV series “The Search for Elle Woods”. Legally Blonde will close at Broadway’s Palace Theater on October 19 having played 595 performances.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018