The Phantom of the Opera, Broadway’s longest running musical, hits a major milestone tomorrow when it has its 9,000th performance at the Thursday night performance. This makes The Phantom of the Opera the first Broadway show ever to play 9,000 performances, a pretty stunning achievement. The history-making performance was actually celebrated today following the matinee in a special curtain call presentation. Phantom opened on Broadway at the Majestic Theatre in 1988 and was an immediate smash hit, but nobody could have imagined that the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical would still be running over 20 years later. Now in its 22nd year, the show continues drawing both Broadway newcomers and fans who enjoy seeing the musical again and again.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014