Members of the Broadway community and beyond will be joining forces with Habitat for Humanity on September 24 for the 1st annual Broadway Builds event. These Broadway performers will volunteer their time for the day to help revitalize homes in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn.
The celebrities currently scheduled to participate include actors Patrick Stewart, Laura Linney, Michael Cerveris, Carrie Preston, Stew, Dominic Fumusa, Eddie Kaye Thomas, playwright/performer Stephen Belber, and producers Jordan Roth and Daryl Roth. Actress and frequent Habitat for Humanity volunteer Emily Bergl (A Touch of the Poet and The Rivals on Broadway, TV’s Desperate Housewives), who organized the Broadway Builds event and will also participate, stated that, “We in the Broadway community have a real understanding of the need for affordable housing in New York City.”
People interested in learning more about Habitat for Humanity or finding out how to get involved should visit Habitatnyc.org.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017