Broadway’s most dedicated and hard-working artists and craftspeople will be honored on September 20th with the annual Broadway Salutes event, held in Times Square. Legendary director and producer Harold Prince (The Phantom of the Opera, Evita) will serve as the master of ceremonies at Broadway Salutes, which is presented by the Coalition of Broadway Unions and Guilds and The Broadway League.
Broadway Salutes recognizes the achievements of professional theater workers (e.g. actors, directors, musicians, hair/make-up artists, producers, writers, theater owners, casting directors, publicists, general managers, choreographers, ushers, and more) who have practiced their crafts within the theater industry for a period of 25, 35, or 50 years.
Taking place in the Times Square Visitors Center right in the heart of Times Square, Broadway Salutes begins at 3:30PM on September 20 with a meet and greet. The actual ceremony starts at 4:30PM. The event will include a performance by Tony nominee Laura Osnes (Cinderella, Bonnie & Clyde, Grease) and a video montage featuring the honorees. The ceremony is open to the public.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Color Purple” Begins Previews at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre - November 28, 2015
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015