Broadway’s most dedicated and hard-working artists and craftspeople will be honored on September 20th with the annual Broadway Salutes event, held in Times Square. Legendary director and producer Harold Prince (The Phantom of the Opera, Evita) will serve as the master of ceremonies at Broadway Salutes, which is presented by the Coalition of Broadway Unions and Guilds and The Broadway League.
Broadway Salutes recognizes the achievements of professional theater workers (e.g. actors, directors, musicians, hair/make-up artists, producers, writers, theater owners, casting directors, publicists, general managers, choreographers, ushers, and more) who have practiced their crafts within the theater industry for a period of 25, 35, or 50 years.
Taking place in the Times Square Visitors Center right in the heart of Times Square, Broadway Salutes begins at 3:30PM on September 20 with a meet and greet. The actual ceremony starts at 4:30PM. The event will include a performance by Tony nominee Laura Osnes (Cinderella, Bonnie & Clyde, Grease) and a video montage featuring the honorees. The ceremony is open to the public.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” to End in September - July 13, 2018
- Michael Jackson Broadway Musical in Development - July 6, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Closes to Little Fanfare - June 29, 2018
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018