Broadway’s most dedicated and hard-working artists and craftspeople will be honored on September 20th with the annual Broadway Salutes event, held in Times Square. Legendary director and producer Harold Prince (The Phantom of the Opera, Evita) will serve as the master of ceremonies at Broadway Salutes, which is presented by the Coalition of Broadway Unions and Guilds and The Broadway League.
Broadway Salutes recognizes the achievements of professional theater workers (e.g. actors, directors, musicians, hair/make-up artists, producers, writers, theater owners, casting directors, publicists, general managers, choreographers, ushers, and more) who have practiced their crafts within the theater industry for a period of 25, 35, or 50 years.
Taking place in the Times Square Visitors Center right in the heart of Times Square, Broadway Salutes begins at 3:30PM on September 20 with a meet and greet. The actual ceremony starts at 4:30PM. The event will include a performance by Tony nominee Laura Osnes (Cinderella, Bonnie & Clyde, Grease) and a video montage featuring the honorees. The ceremony is open to the public.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016