It’s gay tidings at two Off-Broadway spaces tonight, the Actors’ Playhouse Theatre and the Kirk Theatre, where campy Christmas shows are opening just in time for the holidays. The Gayest Christmas Pageant Ever, which plays at the Actors’ Playhouse through January 3, is a backstage comedy about a struggling gay theater company trying to put on a Christmas show. And Santa Claus Is Coming Out, playing at the Kirk through December 20, is a mockumentary about the global scandal associated with St. Nick’s coming out of the closet. Both are sure to provide plenty of holiday cheer, and a great alternative to the standard Christmas fare.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Concludes Run Early - January 31, 2016
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms and Blizzard Conditions - January 23, 2016
- Cirque du Soleil Bets Big On New York City - January 14, 2016
- Sales Tax on Broadway Tickets Looms Closer - January 11, 2016
- “China Doll” Opens Following Delay, With Poor Critical Buzz - December 16, 2015