It’s gay tidings at two Off-Broadway spaces tonight, the Actors’ Playhouse Theatre and the Kirk Theatre, where campy Christmas shows are opening just in time for the holidays. The Gayest Christmas Pageant Ever, which plays at the Actors’ Playhouse through January 3, is a backstage comedy about a struggling gay theater company trying to put on a Christmas show. And Santa Claus Is Coming Out, playing at the Kirk through December 20, is a mockumentary about the global scandal associated with St. Nick’s coming out of the closet. Both are sure to provide plenty of holiday cheer, and a great alternative to the standard Christmas fare.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018