The new Broadway revival of the classic William Gibson play The Miracle Worker (based on the true story of Helen Keller) starts performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre today. The production features Alison Pill (most recently on Broadway in The Lieutenant of Inishmore and Off-Broadway in reasons to be pretty) as Annie Sullivan and Abigail Breslin (on film in Little Miss Sunshine and Zombieland) as her famous pupil, the blind and deaf Helen Keller. Jennifer Morrison (TV’s House), Matthew Modine (And the Band Played On), and Elizabeth Franz (on Broadway in Death of a Salesman and Morning’s at Seven) co-star in the drama, set in 1880s Alabama. The Miracle Worker, which is directed by Kate Whoriskey, will have its official opening on March 3.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013