The new Broadway revival of the classic William Gibson play The Miracle Worker (based on the true story of Helen Keller) starts performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre today. The production features Alison Pill (most recently on Broadway in The Lieutenant of Inishmore and Off-Broadway in reasons to be pretty) as Annie Sullivan and Abigail Breslin (on film in Little Miss Sunshine and Zombieland) as her famous pupil, the blind and deaf Helen Keller. Jennifer Morrison (TV’s House), Matthew Modine (And the Band Played On), and Elizabeth Franz (on Broadway in Death of a Salesman and Morning’s at Seven) co-star in the drama, set in 1880s Alabama. The Miracle Worker, which is directed by Kate Whoriskey, will have its official opening on March 3.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018
- “Carousel” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 15, 2018
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 7, 2018
- “Hamilton” Secondary Market Ticket Prices Crash - September 18, 2017
- Stephen Colbert Takes The Late Show to Russia - June 27, 2017