The League of American Theatres and Producers just released a new report on Broadway demographics today, revealing some interesting statistics about the Great White Way. During this past Broadway season, attendance was up among foreign tourists, people under 18 years of age, and non-Caucasians. Some of the report’s revelations are not too surprising, such as the news that the internet is now the most popular place to buy theater tickets. Other stats were more unexpected: 31% of all Broadway tickets are sold to the 6% of theatergoers who attend 15 or more shows a year.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016