The League of American Theatres and Producers just released a new report on Broadway demographics today, revealing some interesting statistics about the Great White Way. During this past Broadway season, attendance was up among foreign tourists, people under 18 years of age, and non-Caucasians. Some of the report’s revelations are not too surprising, such as the news that the internet is now the most popular place to buy theater tickets. Other stats were more unexpected: 31% of all Broadway tickets are sold to the 6% of theatergoers who attend 15 or more shows a year.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016