The League of American Theatres and Producers just released a new report on Broadway demographics today, revealing some interesting statistics about the Great White Way. During this past Broadway season, attendance was up among foreign tourists, people under 18 years of age, and non-Caucasians. Some of the report’s revelations are not too surprising, such as the news that the internet is now the most popular place to buy theater tickets. Other stats were more unexpected: 31% of all Broadway tickets are sold to the 6% of theatergoers who attend 15 or more shows a year.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017