Popular recording artist Josh Groban will star in a concert version of Chess, to play at London’s Royal Albert Hall on May 12th and 13th. Also starring in the concert is Broadway regular Idina Menzel, who originated the role of Elphaba in Wicked. A Cold War-era musical about rival American and Russian chess players, Chess opened on Broadway in April of 1988 and closed after only a couple months, but the show subsequently gained cult status due to its Broadway and London cast recordings.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017