Popular recording artist Josh Groban will star in a concert version of Chess, to play at London’s Royal Albert Hall on May 12th and 13th. Also starring in the concert is Broadway regular Idina Menzel, who originated the role of Elphaba in Wicked. A Cold War-era musical about rival American and Russian chess players, Chess opened on Broadway in April of 1988 and closed after only a couple months, but the show subsequently gained cult status due to its Broadway and London cast recordings.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016