The new TV movie version of Lorraine Hansberry’s beautiful play A Raisin in the Sun was a success in the ratings last night, ultimately “winning” the night for ABC with an overall average of nearly 13 million viewers. This television adaptation of the play starred the same leads as the 2004 Broadway revival cast, including Sean Combs, Audra McDonald, and Phylicia Rashad. The latter two are Tony-winning Broadway regulars, but A Raisin in the Sun was hip-hop mogul Sean “P Diddy” Combs’s Broadway debut.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Price” Closes to Mixed Critical and Commercial Success - June 8, 2017
- “Bandstand” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 2, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Opens on Broadway - May 27, 2017
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017