The new TV movie version of Lorraine Hansberry’s beautiful play A Raisin in the Sun was a success in the ratings last night, ultimately “winning” the night for ABC with an overall average of nearly 13 million viewers. This television adaptation of the play starred the same leads as the 2004 Broadway revival cast, including Sean Combs, Audra McDonald, and Phylicia Rashad. The latter two are Tony-winning Broadway regulars, but A Raisin in the Sun was hip-hop mogul Sean “P Diddy” Combs’s Broadway debut.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016