The new TV movie version of Lorraine Hansberry’s beautiful play A Raisin in the Sun was a success in the ratings last night, ultimately “winning” the night for ABC with an overall average of nearly 13 million viewers. This television adaptation of the play starred the same leads as the 2004 Broadway revival cast, including Sean Combs, Audra McDonald, and Phylicia Rashad. The latter two are Tony-winning Broadway regulars, but A Raisin in the Sun was hip-hop mogul Sean “P Diddy” Combs’s Broadway debut.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Sara Bareilles Revisits Waitress; Jason Mraz Extends - December 9, 2017
- Mark Rylance Begins in “Farinelli and the King” - December 8, 2017
- Steve Martin’s “Meteor Shower” Earns Mixed Reviews - December 2, 2017
- “Home for the Holidays” is a Surefire Flop - November 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows at the Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 19, 2017