The new TV movie version of Lorraine Hansberry’s beautiful play A Raisin in the Sun was a success in the ratings last night, ultimately “winning” the night for ABC with an overall average of nearly 13 million viewers. This television adaptation of the play starred the same leads as the 2004 Broadway revival cast, including Sean Combs, Audra McDonald, and Phylicia Rashad. The latter two are Tony-winning Broadway regulars, but A Raisin in the Sun was hip-hop mogul Sean “P Diddy” Combs’s Broadway debut.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015
- Tony Award Winner “Fun Home” Recoups on Broadway - December 20, 2015