Lots of Passing Strange in the news these days, and unfortunately the latest isn’t good. The new musical, which transferred to Broadway earlier this year following a successful Public Theater run, has been struggling ever since it hit Broadway. Although it did well during awards season, Passing Strange failed to nab the big prize, the Tony Award, which was probably its last shot at getting a significant surge in ticket sales. As a result, the exciting rock musical by Stew and Heidi Rodewald will be ending its Broadway run at the Belasco Theatre on July 20 (the day after Spike Lee does his live filming of the show). To get discount tickets for Passing Strange on Broadway before it closes, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Blackbird” Begins Previews at the Belasco Theatre - February 7, 2016
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015