It’s an unusual move for any Broadway show, but The Phantom of the Opera will be shutting down its Broadway production for a few days, from August 24-27. The reason for the brief hiatus is so that the sound system at the Majestic Theatre can be upgraded. Phantom’s last pre-break performance will be on August 23, and then the long-running musical will resume Broadway performances on August 28. To get discount tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017