It’s an unusual move for any Broadway show, but The Phantom of the Opera will be shutting down its Broadway production for a few days, from August 24-27. The reason for the brief hiatus is so that the sound system at the Majestic Theatre can be upgraded. Phantom’s last pre-break performance will be on August 23, and then the long-running musical will resume Broadway performances on August 28. To get discount tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler Bids Adieu to “Hello, Dolly!” - January 19, 2018
- “Miss Saigon” Revival Closes at the Broadway Theatre - January 12, 2018
- Michael Luwoye to Be Next Broadway “Hamilton” - January 6, 2018
- “Home for the Holidays” Closes After Dismal Run - December 29, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” is Longest-Running Play on Broadway - December 24, 2017