It’s an unusual move for any Broadway show, but The Phantom of the Opera will be shutting down its Broadway production for a few days, from August 24-27. The reason for the brief hiatus is so that the sound system at the Majestic Theatre can be upgraded. Phantom’s last pre-break performance will be on August 23, and then the long-running musical will resume Broadway performances on August 28. To get discount tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, click here.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Mean Girls” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 13, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Begins Previews - April 6, 2018
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Opens to Great Reviews - March 30, 2018
- Denzel Washington Begins in “The Iceman Cometh” - March 24, 2018
- Bartlett Sher’s “My Fair Lady” Begins Performances - March 16, 2018