The 60th Annual Emmy Awards that aired last night could have just as easily been a Tony Awards ceremony, considering all the Broadway regulars who accepted awards. Winners Jeremy Piven (Entourage) and Dianne Wiest (In Treatment) are both appearing on Broadway this season, in Speed-the-Plow and All My Sons, respectively. Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney, who won for playing John and Abigail Adams, both have extensive theater credits, though Linney is more frequently seen on Broadway than Giamatti these days. Zeljko Ivanek, Eileen Atkins, and Alec Baldwin, as well as Jean Smart and Glenn Close, all honored for their TV work this year with Emmys, have traversed the Broadway stage as well.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jez Butterworth’s “The Ferryman” to Play Broadway - February 18, 2018
- Smash’s Katharine McPhee to Star in “Waitress” - February 16, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Revival Cast is Set - February 10, 2018
- Tony Committee Determines Shows’ Eligibility - February 2, 2018
- Hello, Bernadette! – Peters is the New “Dolly” - January 27, 2018