Variety has reported that Tyler Perry (creator of numerous stage, television, and film properties, many featuring his famous “Madea” character, as well as the upcoming film I Can Do Bad All By Myself) will be writing, directing, and producing a film version of Ntozake Shange’s “choreo-poem” play for colored girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf. The 1975 play, which was supposed to have a Broadway revival starring India.Arie last season (later postponed), is a series of poetic monologues from black women about everything from love and youth to abuse and abandonment.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016