Variety has reported that Tyler Perry (creator of numerous stage, television, and film properties, many featuring his famous “Madea” character, as well as the upcoming film I Can Do Bad All By Myself) will be writing, directing, and producing a film version of Ntozake Shange’s “choreo-poem” play for colored girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf. The 1975 play, which was supposed to have a Broadway revival starring India.Arie last season (later postponed), is a series of poetic monologues from black women about everything from love and youth to abuse and abandonment.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016