As scheduled, the limited-run play Mauritius has its final Broadway performance today. Being that it is produced by the non-profit Manhattan Theatre Club and therefore under a different contract with the stagehands union, Mauritius is one of the shows to continue playing during the Broadway strike. The play benefited from being one of the few options for theatergoers wanting to see a Broadway show — during the last two week of its run, attendance shot up 20%.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “The Lion King” Celebrates 20th Anniversary - November 10, 2017
- “War Paint” Musical Closes after Eight Months - November 5, 2017
- “M. Butterfly” Opens to Negative Reviews - October 28, 2017
- “Come From Away” Rapidly Recoups Investment - October 21, 2017
- “Latin History for Morons” Begins Previews - October 19, 2017