As scheduled, the limited-run play Mauritius has its final Broadway performance today. Being that it is produced by the non-profit Manhattan Theatre Club and therefore under a different contract with the stagehands union, Mauritius is one of the shows to continue playing during the Broadway strike. The play benefited from being one of the few options for theatergoers wanting to see a Broadway show — during the last two week of its run, attendance shot up 20%.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015
- “Mamma Mia!” Concludes Its Amazing 14 Year Run - September 13, 2015
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke to Compose for Pinter’s “Old Times” - September 4, 2015
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015