As scheduled, the limited-run play Mauritius has its final Broadway performance today. Being that it is produced by the non-profit Manhattan Theatre Club and therefore under a different contract with the stagehands union, Mauritius is one of the shows to continue playing during the Broadway strike. The play benefited from being one of the few options for theatergoers wanting to see a Broadway show — during the last two week of its run, attendance shot up 20%.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016