As scheduled, the limited-run play Mauritius has its final Broadway performance today. Being that it is produced by the non-profit Manhattan Theatre Club and therefore under a different contract with the stagehands union, Mauritius is one of the shows to continue playing during the Broadway strike. The play benefited from being one of the few options for theatergoers wanting to see a Broadway show — during the last two week of its run, attendance shot up 20%.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Miss Saigon” Revival Closes at the Broadway Theatre - January 12, 2018
- Michael Luwoye to Be Next Broadway “Hamilton” - January 6, 2018
- “Home for the Holidays” Closes After Dismal Run - December 29, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” is Longest-Running Play on Broadway - December 24, 2017
- Shows Set for Kids’ Night on Broadway - December 17, 2017