The Little Mermaid, Disney’s latest attempt to conquer Broadway by adapting its animated films for the stage, opens at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre this evening. The Lunt-Fontanne was the site of Disney’s first Broadway triumph (after it moved from the Palace), Beauty and the Beast, which closed there in July 2007. Directed by Francesca Zambello, The Little Mermaid stars Norm Lewis, Eddie Korbich, Sherie Rene Scott, and Broadway newcomer Sierra Boggess in the title role.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016