With so many young performers featuring prominently on Broadway in musicals such as Annie, Matilda, and A Christmas Story this past season, now more than ever is a perfect time to feature those talented youngsters on CD. That’s why Broadway Records is releasing When I Grow Up: Broadway’s Next Generation. The recording will be available for digital download on July 26, with the CD release planned for July 30.
Youthful actors and singers from a number of Broadway shows, including Mary Poppins, Evita, Bonnie & Clyde, Billy Elliot, and the musicals mentioned above, appear on the album. Instead of singing the kid-friendly fare that they usually perform onstage, these emerging performers are showcasing some of their favorite songs from the adult repertoire, including “Agony” (Into the Woods), “Mr. Cellophane” (Chicago), and “A Summer in Ohio” (The Last Five Years).
When I Grow Up: Broadway’s Next Generation will be introduced to audiences through a launch concert being held at 54 Below on July 29 (where the CD can also be purchased a day in advance of its official release date). Go to www.broadwayrecords.com to find out more about the album.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017