With so many young performers featuring prominently on Broadway in musicals such as Annie, Matilda, and A Christmas Story this past season, now more than ever is a perfect time to feature those talented youngsters on CD. That’s why Broadway Records is releasing When I Grow Up: Broadway’s Next Generation. The recording will be available for digital download on July 26, with the CD release planned for July 30.
Youthful actors and singers from a number of Broadway shows, including Mary Poppins, Evita, Bonnie & Clyde, Billy Elliot, and the musicals mentioned above, appear on the album. Instead of singing the kid-friendly fare that they usually perform onstage, these emerging performers are showcasing some of their favorite songs from the adult repertoire, including “Agony” (Into the Woods), “Mr. Cellophane” (Chicago), and “A Summer in Ohio” (The Last Five Years).
When I Grow Up: Broadway’s Next Generation will be introduced to audiences through a launch concert being held at 54 Below on July 29 (where the CD can also be purchased a day in advance of its official release date). Go to www.broadwayrecords.com to find out more about the album.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017
- “Indecent” Wows Critics But Struggles at Box Office - May 5, 2017
- New Musical “War Paint” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 28, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017