Legendary singer Barbra Streisand has announced that she will be doing a one-night-only show at the Village Vanguard on September 26. The beloved diva, who has no problem selling out huge venues at top ticket prices, will be playing this very intimate New York City club as a special treat for her fans. The tickets are going to be free, distributed through her website www.barbrastreisand.com to people who register or pre-order her CD (visit the website for the details). The concert, which is in support of Streisand’s new jazzy Love Is the Answer album, marks the singer’s first return to the Village Vanguard since her last performance there in 1961, opening for jazz great Miles Davis.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016
- “A View from the Bridge” Ends Acclaimed Run in the Red - March 7, 2016