Originally set for a very limited run of just 12 weeks at the Longacre Theatre, Burn the Floor has now announced that it will be extending its stay through January 3, 2010. Burn the Floor features dozens of championship dancers doing what they do best – Latin and ballroom dance. Cha-Cha, Rumba, Mambo, Waltz, Swing, the Charleston, and the Tango are just a few of the amazing dances executed expertly by the talented cast. Directed and choreographed by Jason Gilkison, Burn the Floor already toured the world before arriving in New York City to heat up Broadway. When it first opened, the production was headlined by dancers from the ABC TV show Dancing With the Stars. Though they are no longer in the show, Burn the Floor‘s current stars are Anya Garnis and Pasha Kovalev from So You Think You Can Dance?
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013