It turns out that Kelsey Grammer (Frasier, Cheers), who is now returning to Broadway in the role of Georges in the musical La Cage Aux Folles, will actually be playing both leads in the show. Six months into the musical’s run, Grammer will be switching to the role of Albin. These types of switcheroos in Broadway shows are rare, but hardly unheard of. Currently actor Jeff Daniels, starring in the Tony-winning Broadway play God of Carnage, is playing the part previously assayed by James Gandolfini when the show first opened. And several years ago, Philip Seymour Hoffman and John C. Reilly regularly swapped parts in the play True West.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Bette Midler and Donna Murphy Back in “Hello, Dolly!” - June 3, 2018
- “Children of a Lesser God” Concludes Its Run - May 27, 2018
- “The Iceman Cometh” Opens to Positive Reviews - May 3, 2018
- Bernard Shaw’s “Saint Joan” Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 29, 2018
- “My Fair Lady” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - April 22, 2018