Following a Broadway run that lasted just over a year, the Disney stage musical version of Tarzan will have a revamped production at Theater of the Stars in Atlanta in January 2009. The new production will still feature David Henry Hwang’s book and the Phil Collins score, but it will be directed and choreographed by Lynne Taylor-Corbett, with set design by Kenneth Foy and aerial design by Paul Rubin (the Broadway production had direction and scenic design from Bob Crowley). After the new version of Tarzan debuts in Atlanta, it will tour to theaters in San Jose, Raleigh, and Dallas in early ’09.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016