Following a Broadway run that lasted just over a year, the Disney stage musical version of Tarzan will have a revamped production at Theater of the Stars in Atlanta in January 2009. The new production will still feature David Henry Hwang’s book and the Phil Collins score, but it will be directed and choreographed by Lynne Taylor-Corbett, with set design by Kenneth Foy and aerial design by Paul Rubin (the Broadway production had direction and scenic design from Bob Crowley). After the new version of Tarzan debuts in Atlanta, it will tour to theaters in San Jose, Raleigh, and Dallas in early ’09.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018