The arts education organization Broadway Bound Kids, which facilitates performing arts programs in community centers and schools throughout the New York area, has begun a crowdfunding campaign. A number of celebrities, including Broadway performers like Christian Borle (Peter and the Starcatcher), Will Chase (Rent), and John Stamos (Bye Bye Birdie), are lending their support to the campaign and can be seen on a video at www.BroadwayBoundKids.org.
“Theatre helped me find my identity and who I was going to be,” Stamos stated. “Whether you’re acting or doing make-up or just part of the community, it gives you a place and it gives you purpose. If you get an opportunity to be a part of something like Broadway Bound Kids, do it!”
The Broadway Bound Kids campaign is raising money so that underprivileged students can have the chance to take part in The Broadway Bound Players, the program’s youth ensemble, without charge. The organization’s Indiegogo campaign will conclude in early January.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre” Sees Boost from Tony Nominations - May 16, 2017
- Bette Midler in “Hello, Dolly!” Opens with a Bang - May 12, 2017
- “Indecent” Wows Critics But Struggles at Box Office - May 5, 2017
- New Musical “War Paint” Earns Mixed Reviews - April 28, 2017
- “Six Degrees of Separation” Begins Performances - April 20, 2017