The 5th Annual “Broadway Salutes” celebration is scheduled to take place on September 24 at the Times Square Visitor Center, located at 1560 Broadway, in the heart of the theater district. Holland Taylor, who was recently nominated for a Tony Award for her turn in the one-woman play Ann, will host the event.
Presented by The Coalition of Broadway Unions and Guilds along with the Broadway League, “Broadway Salutes” is a public celebration that honors theater industry professionals who have practiced their crafts for 25, 35, or 50 years. Make-up artists, dressers, designers, stagehands, press, theater owners, agents, musicians, and producers are among the many theater workers eligible to be honored.
“Broadway Salutes is an occasion for our community to acknowledge the hundreds of people who work on Broadway, behind the scenes and on stage,” stated Broadway Salutes co-chair Carl Mulert. “On this day, the artists as well as the crafts people and technicians, artist representatives and a myriad of other persons who are never seen by the audience will be honored for their remarkable talent.”
The Broadway Salutes ceremony will begin at 4pm. For more information on the event, visit broadwaysalutes.com.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Time and the Conways” Earns Mixed Reviews - October 13, 2017
- “Springsteen on Broadway” Solo Concert Begins - October 6, 2017
- Hamilton, Springsteen, Harry Potter Use ‘Verified Fan’ Ticket Sale Program - September 30, 2017
- “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Closes Several Months Early - September 27, 2017
- “Bandstand” Closes after Low Ticket Sales - September 21, 2017