Motown the Musical, the new Broadway mega-hit, is launching a nationwide casting call for both the Broadway production and the forthcoming national tour. The show’s producers are in search of talented African-American performers to fill a variety of roles.
The first casting call, dubbed “Makin’ It Motown,” will be held at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in New York City on September 13 from 11am to 2pm. A second open call is scheduled for the Oriental Theatre in Chicago on September 14 at 11am to 2pm.
African-American women and men aged 20s to 40s with excellent singing voices are invited to audition, as are African-American boys (aged 8-13) for the role of young Michael Jackson. Theater experience is not necessary to audition.
Go to motownthemusical.com/casting to get more information, or email email@example.com for further details.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Doctor Zhivago” Concludes Run Early - May 25, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/17/2015 - May 20, 2015
- “Wolf Hall” Steady at the Box Office after Eight Tony Nominations - May 14, 2015
- “Living on Love” Closes After One Month - May 6, 2015
- “Fun Home” Begins Broadway Previews - April 29, 2015