Motown the Musical, the new Broadway mega-hit, is launching a nationwide casting call for both the Broadway production and the forthcoming national tour. The show’s producers are in search of talented African-American performers to fill a variety of roles.
The first casting call, dubbed “Makin’ It Motown,” will be held at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in New York City on September 13 from 11am to 2pm. A second open call is scheduled for the Oriental Theatre in Chicago on September 14 at 11am to 2pm.
African-American women and men aged 20s to 40s with excellent singing voices are invited to audition, as are African-American boys (aged 8-13) for the role of young Michael Jackson. Theater experience is not necessary to audition.
Go to motownthemusical.com/casting to get more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host New NBC Variety Show - March 4, 2015
- Jon Stewart to Leave “The Daily Show” - February 18, 2015
- Sting Joins the Cast of “The Last Ship” - December 14, 2014
- Broadway Holiday Schedule Xmas 2014 - December 6, 2014