Motown the Musical, the new Broadway mega-hit, is launching a nationwide casting call for both the Broadway production and the forthcoming national tour. The show’s producers are in search of talented African-American performers to fill a variety of roles.
The first casting call, dubbed “Makin’ It Motown,” will be held at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater in New York City on September 13 from 11am to 2pm. A second open call is scheduled for the Oriental Theatre in Chicago on September 14 at 11am to 2pm.
African-American women and men aged 20s to 40s with excellent singing voices are invited to audition, as are African-American boys (aged 8-13) for the role of young Michael Jackson. Theater experience is not necessary to audition.
Go to motownthemusical.com/casting to get more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shubert Launches New Website TelechargeOffers - July 4, 2014
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Broadway Understudy Documentary Coming Soon to Theaters - February 17, 2014