With the rash of terrible jukebox musicals appearing all over Broadway the last few years, the mere mention of a popular band and Broadway in the same breath is enough to inspire fear in the hearts of many theater fans. However, when Duran Duran (“Hungry Like the Wolf,” “Ordinary World”) comes to Broadway this November, fortunately it will not be in the form of a musical. The British rockers are merely using Broadway’s Barrymore Theatre as a concert venue to promote their new album, Red Carpet Massacre.
It’s quite unusual for a band to play Broadway rather than one of the many concert halls in New York City, but lead singer Simon LeBon says “Staging a run on Broadway is something that we’ve often talked about over the years,” and it seems that they’ve finally found an opportunity to do it. Duran Duran will play a series of gigs at the Barrymore from November 1 through 12. Tickets go onsale through Telecharge beginning October 1.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Triple Crown At The TONY Awards® - July 7, 2014
- Barbara Walters Says Farewell to “The View” - May 29, 2014
- Annette Bening joins John Lithgow in “King Lear” - May 24, 2014
- Broadway Fall 2014 Line-Up Falling into Place - May 15, 2014
- “Bullets Over Broadway” Opens at the St. James Theatre - May 9, 2014